Wednesday, June 5, 2013

To the Dark Side




I just finished reading Amy Astley's interview with 
Into the Gloss about her recent decision to forego 
the ball and chain that is HIGHLIGHTING. God, I am so
 sick of HIGHLIGHTING. For years I have dutifully appeared
at my salon every 10-12 weeks and sat for hours burning 
my scalp to feign Swedish descent. But no more. I'm officially
declaring myself done.* This is huge for me. I once stopped
speaking to my dad after he wrote I was brunette on my passport
application in middle school. I'm feeling inspired by 
the roots these ladies are rocking.

*I maintain the right to revoke this statement as soon as
my roots grow out long enough for me to see my real
hair color for the first time in 10 years. 
I imagine it might feel something like this.

Images via

1 comment:

  1. I love this ombre look!
    Hey :)
    I adore Kate! And you have such a great page!
    My name is Francesca and I just finished writing a post on my blog about the amazing Kate.
    I was wondering if maybe you would like to check it out: http://ladolcemoda7.blogspot.com.ar/2013/07/kate-moss-reminiscing-about-true-style.html
    and if you like it, I would be so, so honored if you shared it on your fabulous page?

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...